American Light Lager (Corn Lager) Grain Kit
Please Note: This is a grain only kit, full recipe kits are available here.
All the grains you need to brew your own Light Lager at home! Grain kits allow you to craft your beers to suit your personal taste!
Flavour: A lighter bodied and distinctive style of lager. Utilising corn allows a distinct flavour profile, crispy finish and lighter colour in the finished beer. Breweries often incorporate corn into beers for its dry finish and lack of colour. This kit can be used to make a Mexican Cerveza too!
- 3.5kg Pilsner malt
- 1.5kg Briess Yellow Corn Flakes
Creates a 23L batch with an approximate ABV of 4.6%, may vary between brew systems, yeast attenuation and efficiency.
Tips for brewing this style:
- Use a proper lager yeast
- Use enough yeast, lagers typically require twice as many yeast cells to ferment a standard batch when compared to ale yeast.
- Ferment colder, typically 12-15 degrees celcius when using lager yeasts, for best results refer to your yeast packet
- Mature at colder temperatures (lagering) for adequate time to allow maturation and flocculation to take place
- Use dry enzyme to increase apparent attenuation as well as mashing low (62-64 celsius)
Our grain kits come in one bag, either milled or unmilled depending on your preference.