Hazy Steeping Pack
1 kilogram of Grain and Adjunct to be used for a mini mash. Great for any beer with haze as it adds body, mouthfeel and a creamy finish and lets not forget the hazy finish.
Hazy Style beers have never been more popular. Bigger, Juicier characteristics with more body, mouthfeel and haze are taking over. It's not hard to add more character to your extract brews! Follow the below steps to make your best big juicy and hazy beer from extract!
What you will need to use this kit:
- Small 6L Capacity Pot/Stock Pot, Ideally with a lid
- Cheesecloth Hop Bag
- Digital Brewing Thermometer
- Mixing Spoon
How to use this steeping pack:
- Lightly crush the grain to open the husks using a rolling pin or can of malt extract. Try to make sure the grains are crushed and not pulverised.
- Line your pot with a cheesecloth hop bag.
- Add 4L of tap water to your pot and bring to 75°C.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add your grains to the water and stir for a few minutes to ensure all grains are wet.
- Use your thermometer to make sure the wet grain mixture is between 65°C and 70°C. If your liquid is too cool add some boiling water to warm it up. If your liquid is too warm add some cool water or stir until the temperature drops.
- Put the lid on your pot and leave for 30 minutes.
- Take the grain bag containing your grains from the pot and give it a squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Dispose of the grains.
- Boil the remaining liquid in your pot for 10 minutes to sanitise.
- Use this boiling liquid to dissolve any malt extracts you're brewing with and you'll end up with an awesome haze.
Please keep in mind our steeping packs will increase the original gravity of your batch slightly. However due to the small amounts of grain used it shouldn't increase your final alcohol value more than 1% in a 20L batch.
Beer styles we recommend using these packs with:
- Hazy IPA
- East Coast IPA
- Pale Ale