IN STORE AND ONLINE
Steeping packs are an easy way for extract brewers to add more flavour to their beers as well as add another layer of complexity to both the brewing process and the final beers character. Steeping packs are as simple to use as making a cup of tea.
How to use:
1. In a small pot bring 2L of water to a simmer then turn off the heat. Do not boil the grains as this can add an astringent flavour to your final beer.
2. Add your steeping grains to the pot and stir to ensure all grains are wet.
3. Add lid to your steeping pot and allow to steep for 20 minutes.
4. Using a mesh strainer or similar strain out all of the grain before adding it to your sanitised fermenter. This hot grain liquid can be used to dissolve your other malt extracts.
5. Continue your brew day following the same brewing processes you normally would, adding your other ingredients to the fermenter as per normal.